Laser beam is directed to the hair follicle to destroy it without affecting the surrounding of skin. This disables the action of follicle and prevents new hair from growing from it. Patients will feel a slight tingly feeling and heat but it is not painful.
Several sittings with an interval of 4 weeks is required to achieve the desired results as Laser beam can only work on follicles that are actively growing at the time of treatment.
Following the procedure the treated area is red, sensitive and painful for short while.
Success rates 40-80%
Cooling gel is applied to the skin to ease discomfort through the procedure, and sent after applying Sunblock. Patients will be given list with specific instructions.
Laser Hair Removal Tips
- Avoid Direct Sun Exposure for next 72 hrs.
- Do not bath in Hot Water.
- Do not pluck, thread, wax.
- Always use sun screen and moisturizer.
- Avoid harsh chemicals.
- Avoid exfoliation.
- Avoid makeup.
- Avoid swimming .sauna, Steam bath, vigorous exercise for next 72 hrs.
- Patients can leave the clinic few minutes after procedure and can return to work and resume activities immediately.
What to expect after procedure
Hairs in treated area stop growing as a result of procedure with long lasting rather than permanent results.
Complications associated with Laser Hair removal
- Skin Blisters or burns which can lead to mild scarring and changes in the skin colour or pigment.
- If pigmentation problem occurs it make take 3-12 months before the Normal skin tone returns.
- Scarring: People who have recent course of Vitamin A skin treatments may be more prone to developing Keloid scarring which are red bumpy and raised scars and are not suitable candidates for procedure.
- Hormonal changes may activate new Hair growth and so further treatment might be required especially in those with PCOD.
*If the patient experience cold sores there may be recurrence of them after treatment amd chance of this can minimized using Antiviral medicines.
While tattoos were once considered Permanent, it’s now possible to remove them with Lasers partially/completely.
Tattoo consist of thousand of particles of tattoo pigment suspended in the skin, while normal growth and healing process will remove small foreign particles from the skin, tattoo pigments particles are permanent because they are too big to be removed. Laser treatment causes tattoos pigment to heat up and fragments into smaller pieces which are then removed by normal body process by theory of Selective Photothermolysis.
Q-switchis used to remove the Tattoos. Tattoos can be pigmented/Coloured and depending on pigment colour and depth, number of settings vary from 8-10 sittings.
- Success rate 50-60%
- Number of sessions- 6 to 8
Stretch Mark Reduction
Million of women have stretch marks, which occur normally as a result of puberty, pregnancy, hormonal changes and weight gain. This fact does little to alleviate the embarrassment that most women feel at the appearance of this unsightly striation on their skin. Palomar’s fractional non-ablative skin resurfacing laser helps minimize the appearance of stretch marks with little to no downtime. The Lux 1540 laser handpiece can improve the unsightly color and skin texture associated with stretch marks, leaving patients with smoother and better looking skin.
Palomar offers the following equipment for laser stretch mark treatment:StarLux® System, Palomar Icon™ System
Benefits for Clients
- Stretch mark improvement with little to no downtime
- Smoother, better-looking skin
- Improved tone and texture of stretch mark
- Success rate 50-60%
For taking those years off your face! Scar treatment is done by Dermatologists. Acne scars may be cosmetically disfiguring and aesthetically unpleasant. They may lead to a loss of self-esteem, career options and other psychosocial sequelae. Usually the scars are atrophic or depressed. Almost all types of acne scars can be successfully treated with a device called derma roller (except keloid scars). Dermaroller is a medical microneedling device, which is used to naturally stimulate collagen production in the skin without damaging it. This device can be used in various conditions like acne scars, stretch mark removal, anti ageing and for hair loss management. The dermatologist analyses the skin or hair problem, and prescribes the length of treatment and supportive medicines required. The treatment is done under topical anesthesia, and causes temporary redness of the skin which lasts for upto 4 hours after treatment. Sunscreens and other adjuvant treatments are advised by the dermatologist.The appearance of the face immediately after a derma roller session is pinkish to red. Depending upon the skin type, the redness will disappear in 1-2 days. Follow up is required after 3weeks. Depending on the skin response to derma roller repeat treatments may be advised by the Dermatologist, taking into account the severity and depth of scarring.
Advantages of Derma roller
- No permanent damage to the skin, no pain during procedure
- no bleeding, infection, discoloration or other complications on the treated area (response varies with each individual)
- Only 24- 48hrs healing period, next day patient can go to work or study. (Response varies in different individuals)
- Only 3- 5 days of protection from Ultraviolet light required
- Leads to softening of the scars
- The derma roller is a breakthrough device, simple in concept but yielding gratifying results.