- What variables could affect test results?
- How Can I Know What The Results Mean?
- Facts About Blood Test
- Tips For Collecting Specimens At Home
- When Will You Receive The Results Of Your Test?
- How can the patient help in getting accurate results?
- What Should I Do To Give My Sample For Testing?
- How Should I Collect Mid Stream Urine (MSU)?
- How Should I Collect Faeces /Stool Sample?
- How should I collect 24-hour Urine sample?
- What is Oral Glucose Tolerance Test (GTT)?
- When should I give my sample for double marker/ triple marker test?
- What tests require patients consent?
- What Happens During A Blood Test?
- Recovery After Giving Blood Sample
- What Should I Do To Avoid Bruising?
How can the patient help in getting accurate results?
Since the vast majority of medical decisions are based upon results obtained from laboratory tests, it is critical to the well-being of patients to obtain the most accurate information possible. Patients can help to ensure that their lab tests are accurate by following pre-testing instructions carefully and by providing complete medical histories, including lists of medications and natural supplements, to their health care providers.