- Neonatal and Pediatric Surgery
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
- Pediatric and Neonatal Cardiology & Cardiac Surgery
- Pediatric Nephrology
- Pediatric Cardiac surgery
- Pediatric Neurology
- Behavioral problems in children and adolescents
- Nutrition Support
- Adolescent Medicine
Behavioral problems in children and adolescents
- Feel very unhappy, worried, or frightened for reasons they cannot explain
- Cling to their parents because they are fearful
- Cannot channel their energy and creativity in ways that develop their potential
- Do not know how to make friends or get along with others at school or in the family
- Act meanly or aggressively
- Can’t learn in school
- Are restless or cannot concentrate
- Have negative attitudes toward themselves
Such behaviors and feelings often interfere with a child’s sense of well-being and capacity for emotional, social and intellectual development. If these problems do not resolve with time and support from parents, teachers, or friends, professional assistance can be effective.
AHB also offers a range of services to help children, adolescents and their families when emotional problems hinder emotional growth and development.
Every inquiry begins with an evaluation that includes parents and child and information from other sources as needed. The goal is to determine the nature of the problem and develop an individualized treatment plan based on the child’s needs Certain psychological test are also conducted if desired.
Is designed to help with immediate crises as well as ongoing or behavioral problems. Therapy sessions may be once or twice a week, in addition to collaborative work with parents.
Play therapy focuses on a child’s need to express themselves through the use of play and toys. In play therapy children have access to a variety of things like art supplies, sand and sand toys, storytelling aids, and toys for dramatic and fantasy play through which they recreate the emotional experiences they are struggling with internally. Children need an outlet to share their feelings and experiences, a safe place. We create that place for them.