MBBS, MD ( Medicine), DM (Gastroenterology)
Chief Gastroenterologist and HOD, Institute of Gastroenterology
Dr. Rajkumar Wadhwa a well known name in the field of Gastroenterology and is a highly skilled doctor, having an experience of more than two decades of expertise in Luminal Gastroenetrology Hepatology, Therapeutic Endoscopies, Endosonography, Double ballon enteroscopy, and per oral cholangioscopy. He is the Chief Gastroenterologist working at Apollo BGS hospitals, Mysore. He is our specialist consultant, who has performed more than 50,000 diagnostics endoscopies and over 10,000 colonoscopies along with specialized procedures.
- 1.Internship – January 1988 to December 1988 Government Medical College & Hospital, Nagpur, India.
- 2. House Officer (Medicine) February 1989 to July 1989 Government Medical College & Hospital, Nagpur, India.
- 3. House Officer (Infectious diseases & Skin) – August 1989 to February 1990 Government Medical College & Hospital, Nagpur, India
- 4. Post graduation including Registrar ship (Medicine)- August 1989 to November 1991 Government Medical College & Hospital, Nagpur, India
- 5. Lecturer (Medicine) – January 1992 to January 1993. Government Medical College & Hospital, Nagpur, India
- 6. Clinical Assistant (Critical Care Medicine)- February 1993 to May 1993. P.D.Hinduja National Hospital & Medical Research Centre, Mumbai India.
- 7. Senior Resident (Gastroenterology)- June 1993 to July 1996. Seth G.S Medical College & King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India.
- 8. Lecturer & Assistant Professor (Gastroenterology)- November 1996 to June 1997. St. John’s Medical College & Hospital, Bangalore, India
- 9. Consultant and Senior Consultant (Gastroenterology) From July 1997 to April 2002. Meenakshi Mission Hospital & Research Centre, Madurai, India.
- 10. Deputy Medical Superintendent, Medical Superintendant and Senior Consultant (Gastroenterology)- From April 2002 to June 2004 BGS Apollo Hospitals, Mysore, India.
- 11. Chief Gastroenterologist and Director, Medical Services From June 2004 till Nov 2016 Vikram Jyoth, Centre for Advanced Gastroenterology and Hepatobiliary Science Mysore, India
- Eskayef Best Poster Paper Presentation Award, at National Conference of Indian Society of Gastroenterology, 1994, Varanasi, India. PERCUTANEOUS ENDOSCOPIC GASTROSTOMY FOR LONG TERM ENTERAL FEEDING. AN ALTERNATIVE TO NASOGASTRIC FEEDING AND SURGICAL GASTROSTOMY. Nagral A, Narawane N M, Savant S S, Malkan G H, Wadhwa R P, Abraham P, et al.
- Endoscopy quiz- First Prize – Endoscopy Workshop 1998, Coimbatore, India
- Endoscopy quiz- First Prize – Endoscopy beyond 2000, International Endoscopy Workshop and Conference of Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India, Mumbai, 2001
- Fellowship: American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 2013
- First Prize: Best research paper at National conference of Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India, Coimbatore 2011
- EVALUATION OF QRS SCORE AS AN INDEX OF INFARCT SIZE AND PROGNOSIS. Wadhwa R P, Salkar R G, Salkar H R, J Assoc. Physicians India 1993, 41:649-50.
- EXISTENCE OF HIGH PRESSURE ZONE AT THE RECTOSIGMOID JUNCTION IN NORMAL INDIAN MEN. Wadhwa R P, Mistry F P, Bhatia S J, Abraham P, Dis colon rectum 1996, 39; 1122-1125.
- USE OF SELF EXPANDABLE METALLIC STENTS IN BENIGN GI DISEASE. Wadhwa R P, Kozarek R A, France R E, et al. Gastrointest Endosc 2003, 58; 207-212