M.B.B.S, M.S., M.Ch (UROLOGY)
Consultant Urologist and HOD
Dr. Maniyur Raghavendran, having overall experience of 18 Years and in Apollo Hospitals, Mysore for the last 14 years. Apollo Hospitals Mysore has the distinction of being the only centre in Mysore to be performing Cadaveric Renal Transplantation.He also does Live related renal transplantations, Urooncology, and Endourology work.
- He graduated from Department of Urology, at Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences Lucknow, which is a tertiary center for higher specialty training in India. The department had almost all-modern facilities for the investigations and treatment of urological diseases (US, CT, angiography, radionuclide studies, MRI, lithotripter, video urodynamics, sexual dysfunction lab etc.). Department had active subspecialty sections like, Oncology, Sexual dysfunction, Incontinence and Urodynamics, Andrology, ESWL, Endourology, Laparoscopy and Pediatric Urology.
- The department had an active renal transplant programme. He was also actively involved in the management of chronic renal failure patients such as creation of different vascular access, insertion of CAPD catheters and other surgical procedures for uraemic patients.
- Renal Transplantation
- General Urology
- A Clinical Study of Diaphragmatic Hernia in Children. At 22nd Annual Conference of ASI, TN &P Chapter, 1998 in Coimbatore.
- Modified Bulbo-Urethral Sling for Male Sphincteric Incontinence. At 34th Annual Conference of USI, 2001 in Nagpur.
- Renal Angiomyolipoma in Indian Population-A Single center experience. At 11thAnnual Conference of USI, NZ Chapter, 2001 in Udaipur.
- Routine Stenting after ureteroscopic removal of lower ureteric stone. At 11thAnnual Conference of USI, NZ Chapter, 2001 in Udaipur.
- Localized Primary Amyloidosis of the genitourinary tract. Does conservatism help? At 11th Annual Conference of USI, NZ Chapter, 2001 in Udaipur.
- Complex Renal Parapelvic Cyst. A clinical quiz? At 12th Annual Conference of USI, NZ Chapter, 2002 in Lucknow.
- Metanephric Adenoma. At 36th Annual Conference of USI, 2003 in Guwahati.
- Measurement of stone mineral content and density by dual x-ray absorptiometry (DXA) to predict the fragility of stone. At 36th Annual Conference of USI, 2003 in Guwahati.
- FNAC testis: Can it be a single diagnostic modality in Azoospermia? At 36th Annual Conference of USI, 2003 in Guwahati.
- Post transplant epididymal lymphoma: an aggressive variant. At 14th Annual Conference of ISOT, 2003 in Hyderabad.
- Post transplant epididymal lymphoma: an aggressive variant. A. Srivastava, M. Raghavendran, et al. In: 8th CAST (Congress of the Asian Society of Transplantation). 2003, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Urinary PCR for genitourinary tuberculosis: True status. (For Marudhara Urology Trust Jodhpur Best Paper Award). At 13th Annual Conference of USI, NZ Chapter, 2003 in Ludhiana.
- Urinary PCR for genitourinary tuberculosis: True status. (For CKP Menon Best Paper Award). At 37th Annual Conference of USI, 2003 in Kochi.
- Newly appointed editorial committee member for Indian Journal of Urology.
- Best Reviewer – Indian Journal of Urology 2017.