MBBS, DTCD, DNB (Respiratory diseases, CMC Vellore), FCCP
Dr Madhu K. has vast experience in management of various respiratory related ailments and is a qualified interventional Pulmonologist.
He has graduated MBBS from M.S.Ramaiah Medical college, Bangalore in 2003-04. He did his DTCD (Diploma in Tuberculosis and chest diseases) from Governement Medical College, Mysore in 2006. He joined CMC Vellore, Tamil nadu, as Senior resident and completed DNB (Diplomate in National Board) in Respiratory diseases from CMC Vellore in 2009. He continued to work there as Tutor.
- Dr Madhu worked as Consultant Pulmonologist in Miot hospitals, Chennai and joined Frontier lifeline Hospitals, Chennai, to work along with Dr K.M.Cherian. Along with Dr Cherian, Dr Madhu was in the team of first single lung transplantation in India, 2010. He was incharge of bronchoscopy, PFT lab, and physiotherapy and rehabilitation unit at Frontier lifeline hospitals, Chennai.
- He joined Apollo BGS Hospitals, Mysore in 2012.
- Allergic and airway disorders – Asthma, Bronchitis
- Smoking related ailments – Smokers cough, chronic bronchitis, COPD
- Interstitial Lung diseases – ILD, IPF, Connective tissue diseases associated ILD
- Sleep related diseases – Snoring, sleep apnea
- Pleural diseases – Pleural effusion, Pneumothorax
- Infections – Pneumonia, Tuberculosis, swine flu
- Interventions – Bronchoscopy, thoracoscopy, PFT
- ICU related procedures – Bedside bronchoscopy, ICD placement
- Presented a poster in Napcon 2009 on topic “Incidence of Venous thrombo-embolism in post cardiac surgery patients in a tertiary care hospital” based on his thesis, conducted at CMC Vellore.
- He has attended various workshops, CME programmes conducted by NAPCON (National Pulmonology Conference), ERS (European Respiratory Society) and ACCP (American College of Chest Physicians) and Bronchology Societies.
- Life member of Indian Chest Society (ICS)
- Fellow of American College of Chest Physicians (FCCP)
- Member of European Respiratory Society (ERS)