MBBS, DO, DNB ( Ophthal) FMRF ( Oculoplasty & orbit)
Dr. Lakshmi S.S is an expert in the field of Ophthalmology. She is a thespian having many years of experience in the field.
- Done more than 2500 Cataract surgeries in a corporate set up independently.
- The other procedures done include.
- Trauma – Corneal injuries, Globe Rupture repairs.
- Lacrimal procedures –DCT, Probing, syringing and DCR with Intubation.
- Lid procedures – Entropion, Ectropion, Lid Reconstructions, Lid margin repairs, Tarsorrhaphies.
- Orbital procedures – Mass excisions ( Conjectiva, anterior orbit and lids), Enucleation with orbital implant, Evisceration with or without implant, Socket Reconstruction with mucus membrane graft.
- Worked as Consultant Ophthalmologist in Apollo BGS Hospital, Mysore from Nov 2004 to December 2006.
- Worked as Lecturer in Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore from January 2007 to November 2007.
- Presently working as Consultant Ophthalmologist in Apollo BGS Hospitals, Mysore from December 2007 .
- Ocular Trauma.
- Lacrimal Procedures.
- Orbital Diseases.
- Scientific Poster Exhibition on AIOC 2002, Ahmedabad titled “ An Oculoplastic Surgical Procedure every Ophthalmic Surgeon must know”.
- Paper Presentation at AIOC 2002, AHMEDABAD titled “ Signet Ring intubation for Bicanalicular Avulsive Injuries” at Lacrimal Session.
- Co- author in the paper presentation at AIOC 2003, New Delhi, titled An Analysis of orbital implants’ from dept of Orbit and Oculoplasty, Sankara Nethralaya.
- Co-author in a scientific poster exhibition held at Sydney, Australia, 2001 titled “ Primary Orbital Melanoma – A Diagnostic Challenge.