MBBS, DipEM (RCGP-UK) MCEM (CEM-UK)
Consultant & HOD – Department Of Emergency Medicine
Dr Lokesh has over 18 years of experience in Emergency Medicine. He has worked with different institutions of Apollo group in his career.
- He has expertise in all areas of emergency medicine with all the emergency procedures and critical care medicine. He is in charge of the Emergency department, Pre-hospital care services, Ambulance services, Hospital Disaster Management plan at Apollo hospitals, Mysore.
- He is a Coordinator for DNB Emergency Medicine courses at Apollo BGS Hospitals.
- He has been trained and certified as the instructor from AHA (American heart association) for training BLS, ACLS and PALS, also certified ATLS provider and certified in Trauma management and ultrasound workshops.
- He is the chief faculty and coordinator in First Aid training for Students, Corporate staff & Public. He regularly conducts awareness programs on emergency services, ambulance services and importance of golden hour to the public.
- In Emergency Department: He manages polytrauma cases, cardiac emergencies, neurosurgical emergencies, neurological emergencies and pediatric emergencies. He is also experienced to deal with medico-legal cases. He is proficient in performing procedures independently such as Temporary Transcutaneous Pacemaker, Central Line Insertion, (jugular, subclavian and femoral), Endotracheal intubation and Intercostals drainage tube insertion. He is also well versed in handling ventilators, cardiac monitors and defibrillators.
- Emergency Procedures
- Emergency medicine training
- Point of care ultrasound
- Trauma Management
- Cardiovascular Emergencies
- Pre hospital Care management
- Leadership Development & Administration in ER
- Airway management
- Conscious sedation for short emergency procedures.
- EMCON- November 2008 10th annual international conference of emergency physicians held at Salem, India
- Completed internal counselor Programme on NABH Standards conducted by Quality Council of India in Oct 2010
- Attended Sixth Annual Refresher Course in July 2010 conducted by Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine, Chennai branch.
- Participated in Apollo Pulmoctriticare in June 2010 conducted by Critical Care Forum, Mysore Chapter. EMCON- November 2012 14th annual international conference of emergency physicians held at New Delhi, India.