MBBS, MD, FNB, FIACTA (CARDIAC ANAESTHESIA) FTEE
Consultant Cardiac Anaesthesiologist
One of the well qualified Cardiac Anaesthesiologists, Dr.Girish has nearly 13 years of experience in the field of Cardiac Anaesthesia and has worked in reputed Cardiac centres before joining the Apollo group in December 2012. He was actively involved in the establishment and functioning of the new Cardiac operation theatre and ICU at the hospital.With a flair for teaching, he has trained many post graduate students of MD and DNB in Cardiac Anaesthesia.
A meritorious student, Dr.Girish, after completing MBBS , finished his MD from the prestigious JSS Medical college in 2006.Soon after he joined Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bangalore, a high volume cardiac centre where he obtained immense knowledge and experience with respect to various aspects of Cardiac Anaesthesia and Cardiac Surgery.During his tenure at Narayana Hrudayalaya, he successfully completed two fellowships in Cardiac Anaesthesia awarded by the National board of examinations and the Indian Association of Cardiothoracic Anaesthesiologists.He was also awarded fellowship in Trans Esophageal Echocardiography by the Indian Association of Cardiothoracic Anaesthesiologists and the Indian Academy of Echocardiography, accredited dy the University of Minnesota, USA and University of Leipzig, Germany.Over a period of 13 years he has gained vast experience in the field of Cardiac Anaesthesia and is capable of handling both adult and paediatric patients for Cardiac Surgery, including complex congenital heart diseases.
- Tutor and post graduate, Department of Anaesthesia, JSS Medical College and hospital, mysore.
- Clinical Assistant, Department of Cardiac Anaesthesia, Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bangalore.
- Registrar, Department of Cardiac Anaesthesia, Wockhardt Hospital, , Bangalore.
- Fellow, Department of Cardiac Anaesthesia, Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bangalore.
- Assistant Profesor and Senior Cardiac Anaesthesiologist, , Narayana Medical College, Nellore, AP.
- Consultant and Chief Cardiac Anaesthesiologist, Fortis Heart Hospital,Mysore.
- Consultant Department of Cardiac Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Apollo Hospital, Mysore.
- VALVE REPLACEMENT SURGERIES
- PAEDIATRIC CARDIAC SURGERIES
- AORTIC AND VASCULAR SURGERIES
- THORACIC SURGERIES
- PAEDIATRIC CARDIAC ANAESTHESIA.
- TRANSESOPHAEGEAL ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY.
- REGIONAL ANAESTHESIA IN CARDIAC SURGERY.
- Asymptomatic eosinophilia in a 2 year old child for cleft lip surgery: 2nd Symposium on Paediatric anaesthesia, 2004, Mangalore.
- Case report-Pt with bronchiectasis for lobectomy: PG Excel, Karnataka, 2005, Mysore.
- CNS monitoring in cardiac surgery: Forum of Cardiac Anaesthesia, Bangalore, August 2008.
- Assessment of LV Function by Transoesophageal Echocardiography (TEE): Forum of Cardiac Anaesthesia, Bangalore, Feb 2009.
- Rare case of Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia in an adult patient-combined thoracic and abdominal approach, anaesthetic and post-operative management. AP State Conference, September 2010.
- Rare case of Left Ventricular Mass-Role of TEE and its superiority over Transthoracic Echocardiography. AP State Conference, September 2010.
- Transoesophageal Echocardiography (TEE) in Anaesthesia practice: CME, NTR University of Health Sciences, March 2011.
- Double valve replacement in a patient with AICD with severe LV dysfunction-case report published in the Annals of Cardiac Anaesthesia ,October 2016
- LA Mass – Not always a Myxoma ! – Indian Heart Journal – January 2019