MBBS, MD ( Medicine), DM ( Hepatology)
Consultant in Hepatology, Liver transplant and Therapeutic Endoscopy
Dr. Devaraj R. completed M.D in Internal medicine from S.P medical college, Bikaner Rajasthan in 2005-2008. He also worked as a lecturer in Medicine, MMC & RI, Mysore from 2008-2012. He then pursued DM in hepatalogy and also simultaneously worked as a resident in Institute of Liver and Biliary Science, New Delhi in 2012-2015.
Dr. Devaraj has experience in managing all aspects of Liver, Biliary and Pancreatic disorder, GI disorders and pre and post liver transplants.
He also has experience of performing procedures such as
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic UGI endoscopy
- Colonoscopy – diagnostic and therapeutic
- Percutaneous liver biopsy
- Trans jugular liver biopsy
- Heptic venous pressure gradient measurement (HVPG)
Dr Devaraj has a total of 12 years of post MD experience and is the recipient of Young investigator award for best paper in 2014 at Vienna, Austria.
- NASH, HCC Management and Liver Transplant
- Management of liver, Biliary Pancreatic disorders Pre & Post liver Transplant Patient management
- Hepatobiliary and pancreatic disorders management.
- Management of pre and post liver transplant patient
- Therapeutic endoscopy and ERCP
- Endoscopic Ultrasound and Therapeutics
- Management of Hepatocellular carcinoma, Non alcoholic fatty liver disease and in Liver transplantation
- A/H1N1/09 Influenza is Associated With High Mortality in Liver Cirrhosis J ClinExpHepatol. 2019 Mar-Apr;9(2):162-170 Premkumar M, Rangegowda D, Dudha S, Maiwall R, Bihari C, Grover S, Gupta E, Kumar S, Sarin SK
- Carvedilol Combined With Ivabradine Improves Left Ventricular Diastolic Dysfunction, Clinical Progression, and Survival in Cirrhosis. J ClinGastroenterol. 2019 Jul 10. Premkumar M, Rangegowda D, Vyas T, Khumuckham JS, Shasthry SM, Thomas SS, Goyal R, Kumar G, Sarin SK.
- Noninvasive estimation of intravascular volume status in cirrhosis by dynamic size and collapsibility indices of the inferior vena cava using bedside echocardiography JGH Open. 2019 Mar 12;3(4):322-328 Premkumar M, Rangegowda D, kamalKajal, Khumuckham JS.
- Left Ventricular Diastolic Dysfunction is Associated with Renal Dysfunction, Poor Survival and Low Health Related Quality of Life in Cirrhosis.J ClinExpHepatol. 2019 May-Jun; 9(3):324-333 Premkumar M, Rangegowda D, Vyas T, Khumuckham JS, Shasthry SM, Thomas SS, Goyal R, Kumar G, Sarin S.
- Clinical and Endoscopic Management of Synchronous Amoebic Liver Abscess and Bleeding Colonic Ulcers. J Assoc Physicians India. 2019 Mar;67(3):14-18 Premkumar M, Devurgowda D, Dudha S, Kulkarni A, Joshi Y K.
- Primary Hepatic Amyloidosis Presenting as Acute-on-Chronic Liver Failure. ACG Case Rep J. 2017 Feb 15;4:e22. Premkumar M, Rangegowda D, Vyas T, Kulkarni A, Grover S, Mahiwall R, Sarin SK
- Cholangicarcinoma Presenting as a Sister Mary Joseph Nodule. ACG Case Rep J. 2016 Apr 15;3(3):209-11Premkumar M, Rangegowda D, Vyas T, Grover S, Joshi YK, Sharma C, Sahney A.
- Acute viral hepatitis e is associated with the development of myocarditis. Case Reports Hepatol. 2015; 2015:458056. Prem kumar M, Rangegowda D, Vashishtha C, Bhatia V, Khumuckham JS, Kumar B.
- Cardiac Cirrhosis May Present Ten Years after Pericardiectomy for Chronic Constrictive Pericarditis.Premkumar M, Range gowda D, Sawhney A, Sinha A, Vyas T, et al. (2015) J Gastrointest Dig Syst S13: S13-001.
- Prevalence of mild cognitive impairment (MCI) and its subtypes in elderly person ≥ 60 years of age and to study the epidemiological aspect of MCI. International Journal of Medical and Health Research, Volume 1; Issue 3; 2015; 62-67.
- Parvovirus B19 associated acute hepatitis and hepatosplenomegaly. Bihari C, Rastogi A, Rangegowda D, Chowdhury A, Saxena P, Garg H, Sarin SK. Clin Res HepatolGastroenterol. 2014 Feb; 38(1):e9-10.
- Cognitive function in elderly population – An urban community based study in north-west Rajasthan. JIACM 2014; 15(2): 87-90.
- Effect of Herbal Medicine “Jod Aram” in Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients – Randomized Placebo Controlled Study. Indian Medical Gazette; September 2014; 345-348.
- Parvovirus B19 Associated Hepatitis. Review Article; Hepatitis Research and Treatment; Volume 2013, Article ID 472027.
- Case Report: A Rare Cause of Heart Failure – Primary Hypoparathyroidism . JAPI • VOL. 55 • JULY 2007.
Presentation in Conferences:
- Body mass composition analysis in Non alcoholic fatty liver disease patient and its correlation – poster presentation in ISGCON 2014, Mumbai.
- Association between PNPLA3 I148M polymorphism and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in the Indian continent – poster presentation in ILC 2015, Vienna, Austria.
- The Efficacy of S-adenosyl Methionine Versus Pentoxiphylline in patients with Non alcoholic steatohepatitis with fibrosis – poster presentation in AASLD 2015, San Francisco, California.
- Vitamin K1 plus sorafenib combination is more effective than sorafenib alone in advanced Hepatocellular Carcinoma – a prospective randomized controlled trial – poster presentation in AASLD 2015, San Francisco, California