MBBS, MS (Orthopaedics), FIA (Fellowship in Arthroplasty)
Senior Consultant & Head of the Department
Dr. Balakrishna Gowda T. N, a well known name in the field of Orthopedics, is a highly skilled doctor, having an experience of more than 13 years of expertise in his field. He is the Chief Orthopaedic surgeon working at Apollo BGS hospital Mysore for more than 10 years. As a specialist in Arthritis Management & Joint Replacement (Arthroplasty) Surgery, he has practiced in institutes of national & international repute.
- Dr. Balakrishna Gowda is renowned for performing the highest number of Joint Replacement Surgeries about 2000 cases independently as of now in the entire Mysore Division.
- He has trained and worked in many orthopaedic institutions and has gained depth experience in Orthopaedics, especially in joint replacement and arthroscopic surgeries.
- He is experienced in primary and revision surgeries of the hip and knee.
- With a fellowship in Arthroplasty to his credit, He has performed several arthroscopic surgeries, joint replacement surgeries of the knee – total knee replacement (TKR), both primary TKR and revision TKR, hip – Total hip replacement (THR) both primary THR and revision THR, and Total shoulder and elbow replacement.
- He has clinical expertise in Emergency and Trauma care Pelvic with Fracture Management, Ligaments Reconstruction and Arthroscopic repair & Sports medicine. He is also trained in Trauma Management in Switzerland.
- In the span of 10 years, He has the credit of performing Complex Trauma cases about 11,000 in number.
- He is one of the leading Orthopeadic surgeon who is regularly performing joint replacement surgery in the entire Mysore division.
- He has performed several arthroscopic procedures of the knee, and also the shoulder. He is well trained and has performed several ligament reconstructions of the knee such as Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) reconstruction, Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) reconstruction, meniscal surgeries cartilage repair, arthroscopic shoulder surgeries – stabilization of recurrent dislocation of the shoulder, rotator cuff tears and labral tear.
- He is known for his benevolent & charity work in the field of Orthopaedics as he visits rural areas regularly & runs a Free Orthopaedic Clinic in a small town in Karnataka for poor and needy people.
- He is a pioneer & a Lead Investigator for 4 studies conducting at Apollo BGS Hospitals related to Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Primary and revision joint replacements – Knee, Hip, Shoulder, Elbow.
- Total knee replacement.
- Total hip replacement.
- Shoulder replacement and resurfacing.
- Other joint replacements like ankle, elbow.
- Arthroscopic ligament reconstructions of the knee.
- Meniscal and cartilage surgery.
- Sports medicine.
- Complex Poly trauma and fractures.
- Arthroscopies surgeries of the shoulder.
- Karnataka Medical Council – 42193
- Karnataka Orthopaedic Association – B40
- Indian Arthroscopy Society – 01337
- Mysore Orthopaedic Society – B72
- A – O Pre – basic course – July 2003 Hyderabad, India
A – O basic course – June 2005 Chennai. India
A – O Advance course – August 2007, Chennai
A -O Masters Skeletal, phuket – 20 – 23rd November 2008
- 1st Asia Pacific on Trauma – 25 – 27th April 2003 in Coimbatore, India
- CME on current concepts and strategies in orthopaedic – The India SCEMario February 2003
- Ranawath Orthopaedic Research foundation advances in Joint Replacements Surgery- 8th – 10th Jan 2004, Bangalore, India
- Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society – 7th Annual Conference an challenges and controversies n Arthroplasty – 25th – 28th Aug 2005
- Asian Regional Haemostasis update – 9th& 10th June 2007, Cochin, Kerala.
- Shoulder & Elbow course – 27th – 29th April 2007, Ganga Institute, Coimbatore, India.
- Conducted CME in Apollo BGS Hospitals Mysore – KOACON, MISS workshop on 09/02/2007 By Dr. Gore, Dr. J.K.B. Parthiban
- Operative Arthroplasty course in Jan 2008, Coimbatore, India
- The BOS – LTM GH – Time, Fracture course – 13th – 15th Oct 2000