MBBS, DTCD, DNB (Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine)
Associate Consultant Pulmonology
Dr. Avinash R is a pulmonologist who has done his MBBS from J S S Medical College, Mysuru. Diploma in TB and Chest Diseases (DTCD) from Bangalore Medical College, Bengaluru and DNB (Pulmonary Medicine) Bhaghwan Mahaveer Jain Hospital, Bangalore.
- JUNIOR RESIDENT in Mysore Medical College and Research Institute, Mysuru
- SENIOR RESIDENT in St Johns National Academy of Health Sciences, Bengaluru
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR in Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences, Bellur.
- Thoracic ultrasound and USG guided procedures like biopsy, pleural fluid aspiration.
- Flexible Bronchoscopy and allied procedures like Bronchoalveolar lavage, TBLB and TBNA
- Endobronchial USG and TBNA
- Intercostal drainage tube insertion and Pleural biopsy, thoracoscopy
- Sleep scoring, CPAP titration, sleep assessment and management
- Allergy testing and interpretation
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Chest Physiotherapy
- Teaching sessions for UG and PG both Theory and practicals
- Conducted the Clinical study: “A Clinical Study of Spirometric Pulmonary Function changes before and after surgical correction of Kyphoscoliosis ”. Submitted as thesis topic to National Board of Examinations, New Delhi
- Best paper award – PULMOKARN 2016
- Reseach Co Ordinator for EMBARC registry from St Johns Medical college