The Apollo Institutes of Orthopedics enjoy the reputation of being one of the pioneering bone and joint centres in the country with a legacy of innovation and excellence. The Institutes are at the forefront in offering the latest in Orthopedic treatments and Orthopedic surgical advancements on par with the best centres in the world.
At Apollo Hospitals:
- Pioneers of Total Knee Replacement in India
- Were the first to perform Birmingham Hip Resurfacing procedure in India
- The hospital has a 99% success rate for Hip Resurfacing procedure
- Pioneers of Illizarov Procedure for limb lengthening in India
- Revolutionary Ceramic Coated Knee Replacement was performed for the 1st time in South India at Apollo Speciality Hospital, Chennai.
- Resorbable screws were used for the first time in India at Apollo Hospitals Chennai to correct congenital spine problem of a six-year-old child from Tanzania.
- Successfully performed an Arthroscopic Brachial Plexus leading to pain free postoperative recovery after shoulder surgery at Apollo Hospitals Chennai .
- Successful Bilateral Total Knee Arthroplasty in a single sitting was carried out on a 93-year old man, at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi.
- World’s 1st iPod Navigation Hip Resurfacing Surgery was successfully performed at Apollo Speciality Hospitals, Chennai.
- Apollo Health City Hyderabad performed the First bilateral (on both the knees) revolutionary Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement (Resurface) Surgery (MIKRS) using OrthoGlide Medial Knee system.
- Joint replacements
- Total hip replacement
- Total knee replacement
- Total shoulder replacement
- Total elbow replacement
- Wrist replacement
- Hand joint (small) replacement surgery
- Ankle joint replacement
- Minimally Invasive Kneee Replacement Surgery [MIKRS]
- Key hole surgery for disorders of the knee, shoulder, elbow and ankle
- Trauma and Fracture surgery
- High quality Swiss ‘AO’ systems help stabilize fractures
- Image intensifier, confirms perfect fracture fixations
- External Fixation Device & LRS
- Management of open fractures
- Infected non-union of long bones
- Limb lengthening
- Correction of deformities
- Fusion of joints
- Disc surgery
- Micro surgery for disc
- Fixation systems for fractures
- Surgery for correction of spinal deformities
- Surgery for spinal tuberculosis
- Endoscopic spine surgery
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Infective arthritis
- Traumatic arthritis
- Congenital limb and spinal deformities corrections
- Bone and joint infections management
- Juvenile arthritis management
- Growth Modulation Surgeries
- Percutaneous deformity correction.
- Cerebral palsy.