It is believed at Apollo Hospitals that the first step to cure is accurate diagnosis of the disorder. Investment in the latest medical and diagnostic equipment along with upgradation of skills of personnel is always ensured.
Paediatric Cardiac Surgery
Paediatric Cardiac Surgery deals with heart conditions in babies (including unborn babies), children and adolescents. Structural, functional, and rhythm-related problems of the heart are dealt with a high degree of success.
Some of the procedures performed by our Paediatric Cardiac Surgeons include:
- Atrial Septal Defect -A defect between the heart’s two upper chambers called the atria
- Ventricular Septal Defect -A defect between the heart’s two lower chambers called the ventricles.
- Coarctation of Aorta – a birth defect that results in the narrowing of part of the aorta (the major artery leading out of the heart).
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus – an abnormal circulation of blood between two of the major arteries of the heart – the aorta and the pulmonary artery.
- Tetralogy of Fallot – a common cause of “blue babies”.